Our team of licensed audiologists and physicians diagnose disorders of the outer, middle, and inner ear.
We along with Sound Health ENT physicians have expertise with the latest diagnostic equipment. As a result, we can evaluate and treat the full spectrum of ear and hearing disorders in both pediatric and adult patients. These disorders include:
- Acoustic nerve lesions
- Eustachian tube dysfunction
- Meniere’s disease
- Otitis media
- Perforations of the tympanic membrane (eardrum)
- Sensorineural hearing loss
Types of Hearing Tests
Hearing tests by our licensed audiologists are performed quickly and painlessly. A comprehensive hearing test starts with a visual inspection of the ear canal using an otoscope. First, we make sure there is no wax blockage, infection, or visible damage. If no wax is present, then the audiologist proceeds with a full examination which includes:
- Tympanometry - a pressure test that assesses the middle ear and eardrum.
- Pure tone audiometry - a tonal response test to determine hearing loss type and severity.
- Speech audiometry - a speech understanding test used to predict how well you understand words at a comfortable loudness level.
Results and Recommendations
Our audiologist will explain your results to you and make appropriate recommendations. Including, recommendations such as a medical evaluation with an ENT physician, yearly hearing tests, or hearing aids.
Our ENT Now location offers same day hearing testing and hearing aid appointments. Call to make an appointment or simply walk in to be seen by an audiologist.
Online Bill Pay
Register for paperless billing. It’s secure, fast and convenient!